Limited spots. Enroll now.
About the Course
Our six-week Building and Managing Resilient Teams course covers all aspects of managing the life cycle of a resilient team, from formation to dissolution or expansion. Participants will learn the success factors for every stage and aspect of team performance, gaining skills to ensure that the team achieves its goals, even when operating under conditions of more change and uncertainty.
Upon completing the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key qualities of a resilient team and understand team fundamentals
- Outline the necessary steps to assemble, lead, and manage teams under volatile conditions
- Apply strategies to manage, motivate, and effectively resolve conflicts involving teams that are diverse (in culture, geography, and skills) and operating in different modalities (in-person, virtual, or hybrid)
- Define the signs and possible avenues to pursue the stages of a team’s evolution: promoting members, growing the team, and disbanding it
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network
- Lead team evolution and cultivate resilience
- Organize team structure and membership
- Build team culture
- Construct the framework for performance measurement and management
The average salary for a human resources manager in the United States
The rank of flexibility among the workforce traits CEOs deem most critical to their organizations’ futures
- Account Coordinator
- Account Manager
- Change Manager
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Director of Strategy
- Higher Education Administrator
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Manager
- Leadership Development Consultant
- Operations Director/Operations Manager
- Program Manager
- Strategic Communications Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- Transformative Leader
- Vice President of People
- Virtual Team Leader
Meet Your Instructor
Victoria Gustafson is a transformational leader with a passion for business growth. Gustafson is currently a senior partner dedicated to business evolution at Verde Associates, a boutique growth consulting firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Prior to joining Verde, she spent over a decade working at IRI in a variety of key roles, including corporate strategy, account management, content marketing, and product development. Over the course of her career, she has helped the world’s leading brands, including L’Oréal, Lysol, Mucinex, Nestlé, Sally Hansen, and TRESemmé to find growth through bringing together the right combination of people, process, and technology. Gustafson earned an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a BA in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley. She is currently pursuing a PhD in Organizational Development, with her research focused on team effectiveness.
Do you have questions?
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.