Register today and save 5%
Course modules will pause after Friday, December 23, 2022, and resume on Monday, January 2, 2023. Enjoy the holiday break!
About the Course
The University of Chicago’s eight-week Global Clinical Research: The Process from Start to Finish online program will provide participants with a complete overview of the clinical trial process, from study start-up to trial close-out. Upon completion, you will be able to apply your new knowledge and skills to thrive in a highly controlled and regulated work environment.
You Will Learn To:
- Understand the clinical trial process from study start-up to trial close-out
- Define historical events that led to the globalized standardization of research conduct
- Explain the purpose of the clinical trial protocol and review standards for data collection to ensure quality and integrity throughout a clinical trial
- Describe the clinical trial process from discovery to implementation, and visualize the timeline of the process
- Use relevant terms, concepts, and acronyms to effectively communicate with stakeholders
After Completing the Course, You Will Be Able To:
- Define clinical research and understand the current landscape of the industry
- Describe core ethical principles that ensure the rights, safety, and protection of human subjects
- Define the ethical principles that guide the informed consent document and process
- Understand the role of Data Safety Monitoring Boards (DSMB) and identify regulations that guide them
- Determine key factors that trigger a protocol amendment
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network
The average base pay for a clinical trial associate in the United States
The number of clinical studies registered globally as of March 2022
- Clinical Operations Director
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Manager
- Clinical Trial Assistant
- Clinical Trial Associate
- Data Manager
- Drug Safety Associate
- Research Nurse
Meet Your Instructor
Lauren Wall has more than fifteen years of experience in hematology/oncology clinical research operations spanning industry and academic healthcare. She currently oversees the clinical research operations in the hematology/oncology section at the University of Chicago. Her primary responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing, and managing daily clinical research operations for over 300 clinical trials.
Prior to taking her role in the academic setting, Wall worked at an oncology clinical research organization, where she gained clinical trial monitoring and project management experience. In addition, Wall traveled to several NCI-designated cancer centers to conduct site visit audits.
She earned an MSc in clinical research administration from George Washington University. Wall has a strong passion for teaching and mentoring others about exciting career opportunities in the field of clinical research.
Do you have questions?
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Courses combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.