Register today and save 5%
Course modules will pause after Friday, December 23, 2022, and resume on Monday, January 2, 2023. Enjoy the holiday break!
About the Course
Participants will explore the human capital implications of leading teams through organizational change. The program is designed to provide leaders or managers with deeper understanding and practical approaches to successfully navigating this complex process.
You Will Learn To:
- Understand and explain the key human dimension elements of how teams interact and respond to change and what leaders can do to address concerns in times of uncertainty
- Anticipate and describe how organizational structure can influence change, as well as the advantages and risks associated with different models and how to approach them
- Plan and be ready with actions and strategies to mitigate risks and maintain motivation as teams endure the stress of organizational change, and address important potential barriers such as stakeholder resistance or lack of commitment
- Consider local and organizational culture as key contexts of how change is perceived, and plan for actions that can help mitigate risk and increase commitment
- Develop initiatives that promote effective communications and individual and team engagement, critical elements of credibility, and emotional commitment in successful change, especially in a global context
You Will Be Able To:
- Lead and prepare to oversee and execute change in your organization
- Recognize the distinct responses of people and teams as they encounter change and uncertainty, and be able to offer affirming guidance
- Build your practical tool kit and apply a leadership framework for anticipating and planning for change in your organization
- Refine your knowledge of an effective organization’s structure, culture, and critical context and the impact of each on the people aspects of change
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network
The average annual base pay for a change management lead in the US
The percentage of organizations that expect to multiply firmwide change initiatives over the next three years
Anticipated growth in spending on organization and change management consulting by 2024
- Business Owner
- Change Management Consultant
- Change Management Lead
- Change Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- Corporate Human Resources Director
- Digital Transformation Specialist
- Global People Transformation Lead
- Head of Talent and Culture
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Manager
- Project Manager
- Strategic Communications Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- Transformative Leader
- Vice President of People
- Virtual Team Leader
Meet Your Instructors
Roberto (Robert) Cabanelas is currently Vice President of Corporate Human Resources for Archer Daniels Midland. He acts as the senior HR leader for the corporate groups and works closely with senior executives as their advisor in talent and organizational actions and strategies. He has also led several HR centers of excellence, including global rewards and global mobility. His previous HR background includes line and specialist leadership roles at Aon, Citigroup, Motorola, and PepsiCo. Cabanelas has worked globally, specifically in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America.
He has led organizational change, learning, and transformation activities across multiple countries and businesses, focusing on the human dimension of processes and events. He has also directed the HR function globally, in addition to coaching and helping rebuild management teams to be higher-performing, more empathetic, and resilient. Cabanelas has also consulted and advised leadership on talent assessment, rewards, development, and organizational effectiveness and design, all in alignment with a sound global human capital strategy.
Cabanelas earned a bachelor’s degree in economics and history from the University of Michigan, an MBA from the University of Miami, an MSc in Learning and Organizational Change from Northwestern University, and an International Relations certificate from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He is a faculty instructor for management education programs at Duke Corporate Education, the University of Chicago, and World-at-Work. He is also a credentialed HR professional with certifications in assessments, rewards, and Six Sigma.
Do you have questions?
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.