Register today and save 5%
Course modules will pause after Friday, December 23, 2022, and resume on Monday, January 2, 2023. Enjoy the holiday break!
About the Course
Our eight-week Python for Data Science program introduces core concepts of Python as a programming language. This technical program is project-based and presents you with the opportunity to create and run your own Python projects.
You Will Learn To:
- Understand Python language
- Perform advanced data analysis and processing;
- Write production-level Python code
- Train and evaluate machine learning models
- Design and optimize Python code for performance and speed
- Write Python code to efficiently process large data sets
- Prepare machine learning models for production use
Methodologies and Techniques:
You Will Be Able To:
- Create enduring models to be deployed as an API or used for batch scoring
- Design code that runs in parallel using multiprocessing and multithreading functionality
- Discuss advanced Python functionalities like classes and functions
- Entry-Level Software Developer
- GIS Analyst
- Junior Python Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Python Full-Stack Developer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Senior Python Developer
Meet Your Instructor
Brian Craft is a seasoned data scientist with years of industry experience. In his role as a data scientist at Conagra Brands, he focuses on scaling their machine learning capabilities and develops models to understand consumer purchase behavior and identify emerging ingredient and flavor trends.
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.