Enroll this week to receive a 10% tuition reduction
About the Program
This online program will provide you with the techniques and tools you need to turn insights into compelling narratives. Over eight weeks, you will learn the art of conveying data in a meaningful way to support stakeholder decision-making and drive action.
You Will Learn To:
- Translate data into economic value while assessing effective data visualization strategies that link insights to business objectives
- Analyze data to determine patterns, key insights, action items, and storytelling potential
- Describe the key elements of a successful data story: knowing one’s audience, defining a goal, maintaining engagement, and being explicit about the takeaways
- Identify where and how a data story achieves its intended goals and where it can be optimized
- Use imaging tools to create data visualizations that align with the needs of the data story
After Completing the Program, You Will Be Able To:
- Identify which business needs can be addressed with data
- Distill data into key points using reports, dashboards, stories, and infographics
- Anticipate and manage questions from varied audiences
- Enhance decision-making by using appropriate cues and indicators for specific audiences
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network
The average salary for an insight analyst in the United States
How much more likely we are to remember a fact when wrapped in a story
Expected big data market revenue by 2025
Source: Markets and Markets
- Analytics Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Data Modeler
- Data Storyteller
- Data Visualizer
- Database Administrator
- Digital Analytics Insights Specialist
- Insight Analyst
- Insight Specialist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Software Engineer
Meet Your Instructors
Shree Bharadwaj works at West Monroe, a management consulting company. As a 1) Center of Excellence, he advises private equity and venture capital firms and C-level executives on value creation, post-close synergies, and data and analytics (BI/AI) strategies focused on business outcomes. In his previous executive leadership role at Syndigo, he led the data strategy, data science, next-gen platform, and M&A integrations. His expertise revolves around driving innovation, standardization, development and operationalization of machine learning models, data engineering at scale using on-premise and cloud platforms, effective data visualizations, model-driven design, and algorithmic thinking. Bharadwaj was elected to the Global Standards Architecture Board at GS1, where he worked with global industry leaders to develop standards, road maps, and governance and compliance requirements relating to food services, healthcare, retail, supply chain, and CPG/FMCG verticals. His experience spans across multiple industries that include AdTech, EdTech, FinTech, healthcare, MarTech, public safety, retail, and telecom in organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
Bridget Sheahan works as the VP of Analytics and Insights at Vericast (formerly Valassis Marketing Solutions), a global media and marketing services company. She leads the analytics services, data innovation, and data science teams. Prior to her current role at the company, Sheahan held various analytics-related positions, including serving as executive director of Client Analytics. Before joining Vericast, she was the director of Pricing and Marketing Analytics at the Learning Care Group.
Sheahan earned her bachelor’s degree from Colgate University and an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz Graduate School of Business.
Do you have questions?
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.