Chief Behavioral Officer and Co-Founder at User Nudge, Inc., a startup that applies behavioral science and data science to solve business problems in interface design and product operations.
The Psychology of Finance
About the Course
You Will Learn To:
- Describe concepts such as utility, probability weighting, the certainty effect, survivorship bias, risk, gains, and losses.
- Explain the causation/correlation error, the mental error in probability weighting, the consequences of the anchoring bias, overtrading due to overconfidence, the equity premium puzzle, and active vs. passive mutual funds.
- Evaluate subjective vs. absolute probabilities, overconfidence as the “mother of all biases,” and the framing and reversal of preferences.
- Understand the psychology behind financial decisions made by business leaders and investors.
- Neutralize relevant biases.
- Make and encourage better ﬁnancial decisions.
- Explain the consumer choice theory.
- Differentiate between mental models related to behavioral finance.
Request for Information
The average annual base pay for an investment advisor in the US
Meet Your Instructors
“By directly involving students in the challenge of securing the right data and exploring potential solutions, we’re equipping them with the foundational skills required to deliver tangible results to clients.”
– Greg Green, PhD, Associate Senior Instructional Professor and Director of the MScA Program at the University of Chicago
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.
What Our Participants Say
Download the brochure
Are you ready to take a leap forward and immerse yourself
in a new learning experience? Click the button below to
download the brochure or schedule a call to request more information.
Gain valuable knowledge and skills that will
boost your career to the next level.