Register today and save 5%
Course modules will pause after Friday, December 23, 2022, and resume on Monday, January 2, 2023. Enjoy the holiday break!
About the Course
With a highly-practical approach, this course includes case studies, essential readings, and instructor guidance that will help you become familiar with web analytics that you can immediately apply. Now more than ever, it is important to understand the technical aspects of web analytics and to be able to establish a dialogue between stakeholders.
You Will Learn To:
- Communicate with all stakeholders about web analytics
- Understand your audience, what a customer journey is, and the importance and complexity of expressing your brand online
- Optimize SEO and SEM to drive traffic to your brand
- Perform a full web audit and extract insights from your web analytics platform
- Design dashboards in line with best practices and produce impactful presentations to share your insights and recommendations with managers and peers
Methodologies and Techniques:
You Will Be Able To:
- Be proficient in digital measurement and analytics and complete a full website audit
- Increase your awareness regarding customer behavior and intent
- Know common KPIs and map them to your online objectives
- Create a well-thought web experience for users, including an easily discoverable web presence
- Measure the impact of your online presence and create actionable dashboards
- Identify means of improving the customer experience, providing recommendations for optimization and continuous development
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network
The average annual base pay for a web analytics manager in the United States
The expected size of the web analytics market by 2026
The projected CAGR of the web analytics industry from 2021 to 2026
Meet Your Instructor
Dave Cameron is a seasoned data science and marketing analytics leader in both the corporate and start-up spaces. He brings over twenty-five years of experience to the University of Chicago. As a forward-thinking executive, Cameron has built and led teams on analytics thought leadership, statistical and product innovation, data-driven performance marketing, and attribution modeling for consumer acquisition, retention, and profit. He spent over twelve years at Nielsen Holdings, the global measurement and data analytics company, where he served in vice presidential roles in data science, customer segmentation, and statistical methodology. His prior positions include working as the director of data solutions at Merkle, a global performance marketing agency, and his role as the manager of target marketing for Ameritech (now AT&T). Cameron takes a strategic and pragmatic approach to solving challenging data problems by balancing learning and innovation with efficiency and automation. He earned an MSc in Applied Statistics from Ohio State and a BSc in Applied Mathematics in Computer Science from the University of Detroit Mercy.
Do you have questions?
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.
What Our Participants Say
As the manager responsible for the company’s e-commerce, I now feel better prepared, even for conversations with vendors and agencies that provide SEM/SEO/CRM services. I want to create goals, KPIs, and monitoring dashboards that enable me to gain a managerial vision of the investments and results of each tool and digital channel and drive better results for the company.
The course content is great, and the TA was always available and gave us interesting feedback.
Marketing and Communications Consultant at Chiquetto Comunica
Brazil, June 2021