Tracy Samantha Goodheart is the founder of Socially Authentic, a personal marketing company. Trained as a journalist, she began her career as the youngest reporter at time magazine, where she covered the rise of social media and developed new methods for reporting breaking news. Goodheart went on to serve as the founding editorial director of ChicagoNow, the groundbreaking blog network owned by Tribune Publishing. She also established the company’s nationwide digital education program. Goodheart later led the global social media strategy for Crain Communications, publisher of titles like Advertising Age, Crain’s, Investment News, and Modern Healthcare. As a marketing and communications consultant, she designed successful digital strategies for brands in many sectors, including finance, healthcare, media, performing arts, philanthropy, and technology. She is also the marketing chair of Big Shoulders Ensemble, Chicago’s new conductorless orchestra.
Data-Driven Content Marketing
About the Course
You Will Learn To:
- Understand why and how content marketing can be a creative, cost-effective solution.
- Identify strong content marketing strategies and explain their success.
- Define a target audience, carry out research, and outline their online media habits.
- Create a content map for three content pillars in line with a brand’s business objectives.
- Build a channel marketing plan for disseminating content to the
- Generate a growth plan that incorporates a user-generated campaign and additional tactics such as influencer nurturing.
- Establish KPIs to measure and adjust the strategy as it is implemented.
- Understand how to present a complete content marketing strategy to brand stakeholders.
- Explain the advantages of content marketing over other types of marketing.
- Understand which business objectives can be supported by a content marketing strategy.
- Connect all the content marketing components to create a coherent content marketing strategy.
- Atomize a larger piece of content into several small pieces of content.
- Select appropriate content pillars for your strategy.
- Choose the right channel tactics for your brand objectives, your audience’s behaviors, and your team’s bandwidth.
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network.
Request for Information
The average annual base pay for a content marketing specialist in the US
The incremental growth of the content marketing job market between 2020-2024
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Commerce Manager
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Content Producer
- Content Writer or Creative Copywriter
- Digital Marketing Consultant
- Digital Marketing Manager
- E-commerce Specialist
- Growth Hacker
- Head of Digital
- Managing Editor
- Social Media Coordinator
Meet Your Instructors
“By directly involving students in the challenge of securing the right data and exploring potential solutions, we’re equipping them with the foundational skills required to deliver tangible results to clients.”
– Greg Green, PhD, Associate Senior Instructional Professor and Director of the MScA Program at the University of Chicago
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.
What Our Participants Say
Download the brochure
Are you ready to take a leap forward and immerse yourself
in a new learning experience? Click the button below to
download the brochure or schedule a call to request more information.
Gain valuable knowledge and skills that will
boost your career to the next level.