The “University of Chicago” names, logos, and seals are registered trademarks.
It is strictly forbidden to make any changes without the prior written consent of the University of Chicago. Their use, whether accidental or deliberate, for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
All trademarks that are not owned by the University of Chicago and which appear on the website or through the services available on the website, including trademarks owned by Global Alumni, are the property of their respective owners.
Use of these brands may not be construed as a concession. Any license or right of use must have the written permission of its owner.
Copyright owners who believe that their material has been violated on the website should contact the designated copyright agent at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The notification must include:
- Identification of the work or work in violation of the copyright policy; or, where appropriate, a representative list.
- Identification of the material that is violating the copyright policy, attaching sufficient information to locate it, such as an URL, IP address, or computer name, among others.
- Contact information (email address and phone number).
- Signed declaration claiming the use of unauthorized material by the copyright owner or authorized individual.
- Statement of Liability and Indemnification
You agree to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the University of Chicago and Global Alumni from and against any third-party complaints, claims, losses, expenses, damages, or costs (including an attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of, derived from, or relating to:
- Use of the website
- Failure to comply with any of these terms
- Copyright or trademark infringement.
- You use the website, content, and services obtained from or through the website at your own risk.
- You access or download information, materials, or information through the website or any referenced site at your own discretion and risk.
- You are fully responsible for any damage to your property (including your computer system) or loss of data resulting from a download or the use of such material or information, unless expressly stated otherwise by the University of Chicago or Global Alumni.
The website may include hyperlinks to web pages managed by third parties. You must take into account the following:
- You access third-party sites at your own risk.
- The University of Chicago and Global Alumni are not responsible for and do not routinely examine, approve, review, or endorse the contents or uses of any of the products and services that may be offered on the other websites.
The University of Chicago and Global Alumni:
- Provide the website and any information, content, or services available on or through the website on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without a guarantee of any kind (express, implied, or otherwise), including, but not limited to, implied trade guarantees, suitability for a particular purpose, availability, and non-infringement, except to the extent that such implied guarantees cannot be disclaimed under applicable law.
- Do not guarantee that the website will operate uninterruptedly or without margin for error, that the site is free from viruses or other harmful components, or that the course or content provided will meet your needs or expectations.
- Do not provide a guarantee regarding the suitability, complexity, or quality of the website or any content or course, nor of the availability of the contents.
- Are not responsible for any loss or damage, whether current or temporary, arising out of or related to these terms, your use of the website, your allocation of material on the website, your reliance on information obtained from or through the website, regardless of whether your complaint is based on contract, crime, statute, or other law.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, are not liable for any direct or indirect punitive, special, exemplary, or incidental damages or consequences, however foreseeable or unforeseeable, and even where intentional or negligent (including, but not limited to, complaints of defamation, errors, loss of profits, loss of data, or interruptions in the availability of information).