Register today and save 5%
Course modules will pause after Friday, December 23, 2022, and resume on Monday, January 2, 2023. Enjoy the holiday break!
About the Course
Our eight-week, online course focuses on DevOps fundamentals and key aspects like deployment, release, versioning, testing, packaging, and clouding. Gain hands-on experience with Datadog, Docker, Git, Jenkins, Kubernetes, the Linux environment, Maven, VMware, and more. By the end of the course, you will be able to architect and deploy a complete DevOps environment to drive faster, more efficient outcomes for your organization.
You Will Learn To:
- Implement continuous integration and reduce the time-to-market of software
- Design a complete infrastructure to launch, configure, test, and monitor software
- Create a DevOps-related cloud and virtualization architecture
Methodologies and Techniques:
You Will Be Able To:
- Optimize operating systems
- Deploy and link software to external libraries
- Automate the release of new software
- Conduct functional, load/performance, and regression testing
- Identify effective database management practices and select between different formats to store configurations of the software
- Earn a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and join the UChicago network
The average annual base pay for a DevOps engineer in the US
The rate at which software development jobs are expected to grow over the next decade
- Azure DevOps Engineer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- DevOps Automation Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Manager
- DevSecOps Engineer
- Lead DevOps Engineer
Meet Your Instructor
Sebastien Donadio has been working in the FinTech industry for the last decade. He has a wide range of professional experience including serving as Chief Technology Officer at Tradair, where he lead the technology team, as the head of software engineering at HC Technologies, developing quantitative trading software for Sun Trading, acting as Partner at Aientech, a high-frequency trading hedge fund, and working as a technological leader in creating operating systems for the Department of Defense. He also has research experience with Bull, and as IT Credit Risk Manager for Société Générale while in France. Donadio has taught various computer science courses over the past fifteen years at the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Columbia University, the University of Chicago, and New York University. Among these courses are the following: Advanced Financial Computing, Advanced Programming, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning, Operating Systems, Parallel Architecture, and Real-Time Smart Systems.
The University of Chicago Approach to Online Learning
Our online learning programs are crafted with your specific needs in mind. Programs combine e-learning with live, interactive sessions to strengthen your skill set while maximizing your time. We couple academic theory and business knowledge with practical, real-world application. Through online learning sessions, you will have an opportunity to grow your professional network and interact with University of Chicago instructors and your classmates.